Solicitors
I don't know if it is National Solicitor Week, but I have had 3 different people ring my doorbell and knock on my door and try to sell me something. It is funny how persistent they are at the very beginning with just the doorbell and knocking. One day I was almost to scared to open the door because of how the person was knocking so franctically at the door. Couldn't they just ring the doorbell and leave it at that?
Most times I say no thank you before the person can even utter a word and shut the door. They have already wasted enough of my time by my getting up to open the door.
Today a young guy was at my door trying to sell cleaning supplies ( He had that scam artist type of feel to him also). He greeted me with this line, "Hello, is your mother home?" Do I really still look that young? I still had work clothes on, so I thought that would give a clue that I wasn't still in high school. Oh well.
About 4 years ago, an older lady who was running for the city council also used the line, "Is your mother or father home?" I think she felt bad when I told her I owned the home with my husband.
Most times I say no thank you before the person can even utter a word and shut the door. They have already wasted enough of my time by my getting up to open the door.
Today a young guy was at my door trying to sell cleaning supplies ( He had that scam artist type of feel to him also). He greeted me with this line, "Hello, is your mother home?" Do I really still look that young? I still had work clothes on, so I thought that would give a clue that I wasn't still in high school. Oh well.
About 4 years ago, an older lady who was running for the city council also used the line, "Is your mother or father home?" I think she felt bad when I told her I owned the home with my husband.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home