Items Sold at Garage Sales
This weekend Rob and I went to Sioux Falls, SD to visit my family. On Friday we went to a neighborhood who was having their garage sales. We saw the usual suspects being sold such as exercise equipment, baby clothes, books, and underwear.
WAIT! Did I just write underwear as being a usual item at garage sales? Yes I did. Not just one garage sale was trying to sell underwear but multiple sales. At one sale, there was a whole box of whitey tighteys, not in original packaging. One sale had used women's underwear and bras and two old guys were sitting at the cash box. At another sale, there was even an "Intimate Apparel" sign next to the under garments.
Why? Who thought, "Hmm, I think I could make some big money selling these garments."? At the sales, you could tell know one was looking at the items. They were neatly folded, untouched. I didn't see anyone holding up the underwear to check the size.
Having your used underwear/bras at a garage sale is crossing the line. I hope as I continue to go to garage sales this summer that I do not pass any more used undergarments.
WAIT! Did I just write underwear as being a usual item at garage sales? Yes I did. Not just one garage sale was trying to sell underwear but multiple sales. At one sale, there was a whole box of whitey tighteys, not in original packaging. One sale had used women's underwear and bras and two old guys were sitting at the cash box. At another sale, there was even an "Intimate Apparel" sign next to the under garments.
Why? Who thought, "Hmm, I think I could make some big money selling these garments."? At the sales, you could tell know one was looking at the items. They were neatly folded, untouched. I didn't see anyone holding up the underwear to check the size.
Having your used underwear/bras at a garage sale is crossing the line. I hope as I continue to go to garage sales this summer that I do not pass any more used undergarments.


7 Comments:
At 8:11 PM,
Emily said…
pretty gross.
At 4:47 PM,
Chloe @ A Creative Call said…
And I'm wondering why people also choose to try to sell their half-used items from the medicine cabinet. I'm sorry, but I'm just not interested in your Pepto Bismal...or your underwear, even if it is a great deal. Yuck.
At 12:27 PM,
Corrie said…
I have actually seen people try to sell their old bedroom pillows...complete with drool stains, etc. Nasty! It is interesting what you can learn about people by what they try to sell.
At 10:39 PM,
PAT said…
Its just strange for me to imagine a guy going to get a pair of his tighty whitys and going "well, these are a bit old and worn out, I should treat myself to a new pair. Ya'know, some other man would probably like to wear these, I'll just set them aside for that lucky son of a gun."
I think not.
At 12:47 PM,
Jen said…
Eww, just eww!
At 2:15 AM,
BOFH_2 said…
I have seen used medical equipment (sponges, forceps, and plastic implements) are on about the same level to me.
At 9:21 PM,
The Baby Makes 4 said…
I have acutally purchased a nice "teddy" from a garage sale here in Germanville. No, not really, but I could have. Now, I wonder if the people would dicker with you on price?
Post a Comment
<< Home