Lean T1

Trying to keep my head above this world

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Photos Gone

Today I decided to finally download the pictures I had on my camera from the past couple of months. I was so excited to see yesterdays pictures from my time celebrating Christmas with my family and Rob's family. I had some really cute ones of our nieces and nephews from Washington.

I started by transferring the Thanksgiving pictures from our camera to the computer. After the Thanksgiving pictures were copied to a folder on my computer, I clicked on delete to delete just those pictures. But after user or computer error, all the rest of my pictures vanished,including Christmas 2008. All the pictures of putting up our tree, wrapping presents, my family, Rob's family-GONE.

Well, I tried to find them in the recycle bin, but they were not there. I tried a little childish yelling, but still no pictures. I tried having my husband recover the lost pictures on the computer, but nope. After 30 minutes of sobbing, the pictures are still lost. Hopefully the rest of my family and Rob's family took some pictures I can use for my Christmas scrapbook this year. Now I will just be more careful when transferring pics.

I hope none of you have ever lost this many important pictures before in one sitting.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Chloe @ A Creative Call said…

    Jenny,
    There is an awesome OpenSource program for picture recovery that you should try on your media card. It is called PhotoRec - just Google Open Source Photo Recovery or PhotoRec and you should be able to find it. I ran it one time when I thought I had lost everything and it all came back. Try it. I hope it works for you. Oh how sad to lose all your pics.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Rob was able to find the photos using something else last night. I was really sad until I saw all the photos restored. Thanks for offering your suggestion.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Chloe @ A Creative Call said…

    Yippee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home