Back to School?????
What is up with the back to school sales already in progress! I was recently at Target and noticed the dreaded "Back to School" section of the store. One day there were patio sets, next day "Back to School" signs. Brand new notebooks, pens, and markers were neatly stocked and ready to buy. Today I saw a commercial for K-mart advertising back to school clothes. IT IS JULY!!!!
As a teacher, my vacation just started today since I have been teaching summer school the past 5 weeks. I don't want to enter Target or any other store for that matter and see "BACK TO SCHOOL" signs. I am trying to forget the fact that I have to go back to work in a month. Not that I don't love my job, but I do love summer vacation. Seeing those signs remind me of all that needs to be done before students enter my classroom. Do I stop shopping until September, so I don't have to see school supplies? Maybe I should call Target or K-mart and tell them how I feel?
I guess the only solution at this point is to try my best to ignore the fact that money hungry companies are trying their best to tempt consumers to buy over priced pencils, pens, and other school supplies in July. As I ignore, I will enjoy my summer by sleeping in, and doing what I want, when I want.
As a teacher, my vacation just started today since I have been teaching summer school the past 5 weeks. I don't want to enter Target or any other store for that matter and see "BACK TO SCHOOL" signs. I am trying to forget the fact that I have to go back to work in a month. Not that I don't love my job, but I do love summer vacation. Seeing those signs remind me of all that needs to be done before students enter my classroom. Do I stop shopping until September, so I don't have to see school supplies? Maybe I should call Target or K-mart and tell them how I feel?
I guess the only solution at this point is to try my best to ignore the fact that money hungry companies are trying their best to tempt consumers to buy over priced pencils, pens, and other school supplies in July. As I ignore, I will enjoy my summer by sleeping in, and doing what I want, when I want.


1 Comments:
At 4:57 PM,
chickenrob said…
I wish I had a month long summer vacation!
Post a Comment
<< Home